Monday, July 1, 2013

After School Linky Party (7/1)


Welcome to the After School Linky!


Wow. Judging from all the great activities linked up last week, I can tell your kids are having an amazing summer - packed with fun and learning! Here are six of my favorites from last week's linky.


Ocean Guessing Game from StrongStart.
(This game has loads of appeal for kids of all ages. Show them animals, then have them close their eyes, remove some and ask them to look again. What's missing? Great attention-to-detail skill building!)


FIAR: When I Was Young in the Mountains at School Time Snippets.
(Nature loving kiddos will love making a snake egg!)


How to Make a Montessori Alphabet Box by Wildflower Ramblings.
(This takes literacy learning to a whole new level, encouraging budding readers to associate beginning sounds with letters. SUPER helpful!)


Card Games that Teach Math at Brainstorming the Castle.
(Take some of the most beloved card games and put an educational spin on them. Kids will LOVE this and parents/teachers/caregivers will breathe a sigh of relief that math practice just got A LOT more fun!)


Number Line Fun at Childhood Beckons.
(Joyce has got loads of ideas for using a sidewalk chalk kid-sized number line to make summer learning fun. Put on your sunscreen and head out to the blacktop for some math!)


Fun Jar Friday #50: Working Telescope at Craft, Interrupted.
(Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Yes, apparently you CAN make a telescope. Crafty kids, science-obsessed boys and girls ... you name it, they're going to think this amazing! I know I do!)


Relentlessly Fun, Deceptively Educational

We would love to have you link up your School-Age Post (ages 5 and up) about your learning week after school including Crafts, Activities, Playtime and Adventures that you are doing to enrich your children's lives after their day at school, homeschool or on the weekend! When linking up, please take a moment to comment on at least one post linked up before yours and grab our after school button to include a link on your post or site! By linking up you're giving permission for us to share on our After School Pinterest Board or Feature on our After School Party next week! Don't forget to follow along and join our After School Enrichment Community.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for featuring my post on card games that teach math! Today I'm sharing a fun way to turn a closet into a secret spy lab :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed every week with all the amazing things that people are doing with their kids, especially during the summer! Thank you so much for hosting the After School Party with me each week! It's such a fun resource for ideas for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for featuring my Montessori Alphabet Box!! Have a great week, Amy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to say thank you for inviting me to link up! I LOVE all the wonderful ideas I am getting here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for featuring our sidewalk chalk number line! Totally made my day. :) I look forward to checking out some of the posts linked up this week!

    ReplyDelete